I got 7 out of 10 right last week and I think I’ll find it hard to match or beat that with this weeks fixtures. Here goes:
- Chelsea v Burnley: Home Win – I have to go for Chelsea as the banker bet this week. I was wrong about Burnley last week as I thought Everton would beat them, but I have to say Chelsea at Stamford Bridge have to beat Burnley. Is it possible Burnley can get a point after beating United and Everton? No! (having a laugh to myself here incase I get this one wrong )
- Blackburn v West Ham: Home Win – I said in last week that I thought Blackburn would be a team that wouldn’t have any relegation troubles. They have 0 points so far and it’s not hard to get stuck down there at the bottom of the table if you don’t get a few results under your belt. I’m tempted to say draw, but I’ll go for Blackburn to get all 3 points.
- Bolton v Liverpool: Away Win – I’m tempted to say draw or even home win! But Liverpool ‘need’ to get back on track here after 2 defeats so far. It’s not a tragedy but I’m sure they aren’t happy with the start so far. I’m going to be bold and say that if they don’t take all three points then they can’t win the league hence the away win. Bolton aren’t a bad side though and ‘might’ be hard to break down.
- Stoke City v Sunderland: Draw – Stoke were strong at home last year and will be hoping to keep it up this year. However, Sunderland are looking good and Steve Bruce will get the best from his players. I expect Sunderland to get something here and to do well this year.
- Tottenham v Birmingham: Home Win – I think Spurs can keep it up. Look at their team on paper, they’ve some good players there and a decent squad size. I know it doesn’t sound right that Spurs are taking 12 points from the first 4 games but it’s logical and I’m saying home win here.
- Wolves v Hull City: Home Win – I said it before and I’ll say it again I’m not convinced with Phil Brown. This game is hard to call but it’s a home win for me.
- Man Utd v Arsenal: Home Win – Heart says home win. Another hard one to call, I’d be tempted to say draw but I’m going for United to get all 3 points here and bypass Arsenal in the table. Hopefully I’m right! but Arsenal are looking good so far and this will be a tight game I think.
- Portsmouth v Man City: Away WinCan Portsmouth get their first point? Not for me. This is a great chance for Man City to prove to the doubters that they are serious contenders and take 9 from 9 points here. Portsmouth need a result but I don’t expect them to get it here. I’ve went for Man City, but if you’re looking for a bit of value, it’s worth having a read around about the state of the take over bid going on at Portsmouth.
- Everton v Wigan: Home Win – Everton are at the bottom of the table and shouln’t be there on paper. I never thought they’d be pointless after 2 games. Wigan got battered by Man Utd in the second half last weekend and I expect Everton to beat them here. The Lescott transfer saga is now over and Everton will be hoping to put their bad start to right this weekend. They’ve already got Distin in to replace Lescott so he’ll be looking to start off with a clean slate and a clean sheet.
- Aston Villa v Fulham: Home Win – I watched Villa beat Liverpool 3-1 on Monday night and if I’m honest I don’t think they deserved it. Their defense looks shocking but will be bolstered if they sign Richard Dunne from Man City (I’m not sure if this is a done deal yet). Fulham are a good side, their away form wasn’t great last year, but I think it will improve this season. However, I’m just going to go with my gut here and say Villa to win this one.
As always, I only do this for the fun as I’m more interested in the Premier League than any other division. If you look over my previous posts you’ll see that I rarely follow up with a bet. Hopefully next month there might be a bit more action taken on my predictions/tips (I’ll be posting on this at the beginning of September). If you think I’m way of the mark with any of my selections, don’t be afraid to let me know with a comment!